Strawberry mini pies
This may be a classic in the US, but in France, la "tarte à la fraise" or "strawberry pie" is not the same thing. So as you can only found classic french tart in the bakery stores, I decided to make my own "pie à l'américaine".
- 250g flour
- 125g softened butter
- 70g icing sugar (or regular white sugar)
- 1 yolk
- 5cl water
- 1 pinch of salt
- With your hands, mix together the flour and the butter, then add the sugar and the salt. Finally add the water and the yolk together. If it is too sticky, add a little bit of flour. Wrap in a plastic film and put it in the fridge.
- Cut the strawberries into small pieces.
-Heat them gently in a fry pan with some agave syrup (or a tbsp of sugar), a dash of lemon and add cinnamon. Dilute 1 tbsp of flour in a small glass of water and add it. Cook a few more minutes.
- Roll the pastry. I know the big pie are neater than the small one because the strawberry juice always spill everywhere but I like the little ones better!
- Fill in the pastry and seal the edges with a fork. Cook at 180°C until the crust is golden.
I served this pies with some mint-infused water and fresh strawberries... Enjoy!