After many tries I think I have found my recipe for the best thick and chewy chocolate chip cookies and crusty at the same time on the outside.
What I did not want is to have some shortbread cookies like we have all the time in France. So now, let's eat!!
- 300g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 225g butter
- 280g brown sugar
- 50g white sugar
- 1 large egg + 1 yolk
- 175g chocolate chips
- Melt the butter at low heat and reserve.
- Add the sugar both brown and white, the egg, the yolk and the butter.
- Sift the baking powder, the salt and the flour.
- Mix all together.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix well.
- Keep the dough in the fridge for 24 hours, the more you leave them in the fridge, the thicker they will be. If you can't wait so long, try to leave them in the fridge for at least 2-3 hours.
- Cut squares and place them in a pan. Space them out so they don't melt all together.
- In the oven for 10 minutes at 180°C. To keep maximum chewy texture, do not over cook.