It's been a while that I wanted to make a coffee cake and I am not disappointed of this first try! The taste of the coffee is strong and the cake is really moist, we devour it in 2 days! So coffee lovers, I invite you to try this recipe asap!!
- 3 eggs
- 200g sugar
- 120g butter
- 150g flour
- 1/2 a pack of baking powder (about 5g)
- 100g plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp instant coffee
- Beat the eggs, add the sugar, the melted butter, the flour and the baking powder. Finish with the yogurt.
- Add a little bit of hot water in the instant coffee and add it to the mix.
- Bake at 180°C for 30 minutes.
- For the syrup: Add hot water to the 2 tbsp of instant coffee, 20g melted butter and 100g icing sugar.
- Straight after the cook is done, pour the syrup while the cake is still hot (I pre-cut the cake so it soaks up more of the syrup).