Today I tried the Martha Stewart's banana bread recipe. I have made some slight changes because I wanted a lighter cake so I put less sugar and butter than Martha. Nonetheless I have wrote the initial recipe and between brackets are my changes.
- 115g butter (100g for me)
- 2 eggs
- 200g sugar (100g for me)
- 200g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder (1 tbsp for me)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 bananas
- Let the butter soften at room temperature
- Smash the bananas
- Add the sugar, the butter and the 2 eggs
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt and gradually incorporate
- Bake about 1 hour and 10 minute at 180°C. When your knife comes out clean when you insert it at the center of the cake, it is done.
The extra tip: Add nuts, almonds, dried fruits, chocolate chips, etc. Serve cold, hot, with Nutella, salted butter... it's up to you ;)
So which one are you gonna try?