Creamy pumpkin veloute
November is the pumpkin season, so here is a recipe with seasonal ingredients, I hope you will enjoy it!
- 1 yellow pumpkin
- 1 onion
- Crème fleurette (liquid cream)
- Mushrooms: Hedgehogs for us, but you can use your local mushrooms variety
- Sauté mushrooms with a pinch of salt until golden, add the parsley at the end and set aside.
- Sauté onions and pumpkin, also with a pinch of salt and some butter until golden.
- Add half of the mushrooms and cover with water. Simmer until the pumpkin is fully cooked.
- Add the crème fleurette and mix.
- Season: salt, nutmeg (optional: pepper)
- Pour the veloute in a bowl, place the shrimps at the center, the mushrooms, the nuts and finally the chives.