Thanksgiving is the occasion for us to test some of the traditional recipes from abroad! First one, THE apple pie!
- 2 cup flour
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 2 yolks
- 1/2 cup of water or milk
- 1 pinch of salt
- 7 apples
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1tbsp cinnamon
- Vanilla bean
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tbsp corn starch
- juice of half a lemon
- Combine the flour and softened butter with your fingers.
- Then add the sugar and the pinch of salt. Mix well.
- Add the milk and the yolks together and knead until the dough forms a ball.
- Put aside in the fridge. (No more than 45 minutes, or leave it at room temperature a little bit before rolling)
- Cut thick slices of apples.
- In a pan, brown the apples with sugar, vanilla, butter, corn starch and lemon. After a few minutes, set aside.
- Roll half of the dough for the bottom of the pie. Fill in with apples and cover with the other half of the dough. You can eventually decorate the second dough, I tried to make little hearts!
- Brush the dough with some milk and sprinkle some sugar.
- Put in the oven for 50 minutes at 350°F.