Thanksgiving special week...
After my apple pie, I had some dough left, so I made some shortbreads with it, added some dried cranberries, perfect for coffee time!
- 250g flour
- 125g softened butter
- 70g icing sugar
- 1 yolk
- 5 cl water or milk
- 1 pinch of salt
+ dried cranberries (you can add nuts, almonds, ...)
- Combine the flour and softened butter with your fingers.
- Then add the sugar and the pinch of salt. Mix well.
- Add the milk and the yolks together and knead until the dough gather. Form a roll.
- Put aside in the fridge in plastic film.
- Cut roughly the cranberries. Roll the dough over. And leave in the fridge again for 45 minutes- 1 hour.
- Cut thick slices and in the oven for 12-15 minutes at 165°C.