- 2 cup + 2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 2/3 cup icing sugar
- 1 yolk
- 1/4 cup water or milk
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cup pecan nuts
- 4 eggs
- 10 fl oz maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar ("vergeoise" sugar for me)
- Vanilla extract
- For the crust: combine together with your hands the flour and the softened butter. Then add the salt, the sugar, the yolk and the water. Set aside in the fridge for 1 hour with plastic film.
- Mix roughly the pecans (keep 20-30 nuts for decorating)
- Add the eggs, the syrup, the vergeoise, the vanilla.
- Bake the dough blind for 10 minutes at 390°F.
- Add the filling and bake for 25 minutes at 370°F.