Thanksgiving special week...
Another traditional dessert is the pumpkin pie! First time ever we eat a pumkin pie, usually we use it for soup or velouté. Verdict: we love it!
Pâte brisée (flaky pie crust):
- 1 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups pumpkin
- 12 fl oz non sugar evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ginger ground
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- For the dough: mix together with your hands the flour and the softened butter. Then add the sugar, the salt and finaly the water. When the ball is formed, sit aside in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Cut the pumpkin in pieces for steam cooking. It is ready when the knife or the fork can easily pierce them.
- Scoop out the pulp and mix it. Add the eggs, sugar, evaporated milk and spices.
- Roll the dough and bake it blind for 10-15 minutes at 430°F.
- Add the filling and bake for another 40-50mns at 350°F.