Usually at the question "What do we eat tonight?", the answer contains the word beef, veal, porc... or any kind of meat, but rarely fish! But we found beautiful gilthead breams at the market this morning so we give it a try with a chorizo cream sauce and some clams, simple but tasty!
- 1 gilthead bream (typical fish here in Mediterranean sea but of course choose one from your local fish market:))
- 225g chorizo
- 10 fl.oz Cream fleurette
- 3 fl.oz milk
- Cayenne Pepper
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- Chopped parsley
- Olive oil
- Some shells (mussels and clams for us, but adapt to your taste)
- 1 glass of white wine
For the sauce:
- Chop the onion, 2/3 of chorizo and garlic cloves and stir fry in a pan. When golden, add the cream fleurette and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the milk and simmer for about 5 more minutes.
- Mix and sift.
- Taste and season if needed: salt, cayenne pepper and paprika.
For the fish:
- Peel and empty the fish and incise the skin diagonally.
- Season with some salt.
- Grill the fish about 10 minutes on each side with some olive oil (adapt time with the size of your fish). Baste the fish often during the cook.
- With the chorizo left, chop some slices and dry toast in a pan. Reserve.
- For the shells: stir fry in hot olive oil, deglaze with white wine and simmer until the shells open up.
In a large plate, put the sauce at the bottom, place the fish on top, add a few slices of chorizo, place the shells and finally sprinkle with parsley.