Sometimes it is very hard to keep up with the good resolution of eating healthier food when you have a sweet tooth... this snack is a good alternative as it is filling and healthy! Today, I suggest 2 variants: Almond-Pistachio and Coco-chocolate. I hope you will enjoy it as much as Poppy and I :)
For a dozen dates almond-pistachio:
– 1 cup almond ground
– 1 tbsp agave syrup (for vegan version) or honey
– 1/2 cup pistachio roughly chopped
For a dozen dates coco-chocolate:
– 1 cup coconut
– 1 tbsp coconut oil
– 5-6 dark chocolate bars
For almond-pistachio dates:
–Mix the almond ground and the agave syrup, add 1 tbsp of water (or orange blossom) if the filling is too sandy.
– Pit the dates and stuff them with the almonds filling.
– Brush them with agave syrup and roll them in the pistachios.
For coconut-chocolate dates:
– Mix the coconut with the coconut oil and add 1 tbsp of water if it is too sandy.
– Pit the dates and stuff them with the coconut filling.
– Melt the chocolate, add a few tbsp of water if needed, and dip the dattes into the chocolate. Let cool in the fridge for about 1 hour.
And you, what do you stuff your dates with?