Beignets Mardi Gras
Making your own Beignets is not as difficult as we might think! Give it a try!
– 4 cups flour
– 1/3 oz bakery yeast
– 1 fl oz lukewarm water
– 3 eggs
– 6 fl oz milk
– 1 fl oz rum
– 1/4 cup sugar
– 1 pinch of salt
– 2 Tbsp melted butter
– Sugar, icing sugar, cinnamon.
– Dilute the yeast in the water
– Combine all wet ingredients + sugar and add gradually to the flour. Mix well.
– Let stand in fridge for about 1 hour.
– Heat frying oil. Sprinkle your hands with flour and form mini balls. Fry them until golden.
– Roll them in sugar and cinnamon combined or sprinkle with icing sugar.
A delish! The hardest part is to not eat them all at once!