Today I tried to remember the recipe of this childhood cake. I was baking this cake so often, I never had to write the recipe down... and this Sunday, I don't know why, I felt the urge to bake this cake again! I am pretty happy with the results since it was my first try. It is exactly how I remember it, smooth and tasty, with a big glass of cold milk, it is perfect!
– 3 eggs
– 2 cups sugar
– 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1 cup grated coconut
– 1/3 cup butter
– 4oz dark chocolate
– for the icing: 4oz dark chocolate and 2 tbsp butter
- Melt the butter and the chocolate.
– Combine the eggs, the sugar, the flour-baking powder and the grated coconut. Then add the chocolate/butter melted.
– In the oven for 35-40 minutes at 350°F.
– When the cake is cooled down, glaze the cake.
– Set aside in the fridge for about 1 hour before serving.
We keep this cake in the fridge and we take it out about 20 minutes before serving so it becomes smooth again. I hope you will enjoy it!