For easter holidays or a meal with family, lamb is a classic! Most of the time, we cook lamb for a very long time, it is so confit that you don't need a knife for serving! Today we have roasted potatoes and eggplant caviar as side dishes.
Here we go with the recipe:
- Leg of lamb
- 1 head of garlic
- 3 carrots
- 3 onions
- 1 handful of cherish tomato
- 8fl oz white wine
- Agave syrup
– Season the lamb with salt. Brown each side with a few tbsp of olive oil. Set aside.
– In the same pan, stir fry the onions and the carrots roughly chopped. Deglaze with white wine. Put this garniture in a cast iron casserole, add the tomatoes, thyme, rosemary and the garlic. Add the lamb on top and cook for 7 hours at 280°F.
– Outside the oven, brush the lamb with agave syrup and cook again for a few minutes. Strain the garniture and keep the cooking juice. Reduce if necessary.
– For the potatoes, we used the "rattes of Touquet" but you can use your local variety appropriate for roasting. We kept the skin, just washed them and cut them in half. We brushed them with olive oil, added salt, thyme, garlic and cooked in the oven at 390°F until golden.